Monday, January 14, 2013

Here's A Tip...

Here's a helpful tip:

You know how your baby monitor says "do not use with any other power source" right on the unit? Well I'm here to testify, that's not just unnecessary jargon, they really mean that!

Today I was sitting on the couch holding the baby monitor and the power cord for the computer was sitting right next to me. "I wonder if it would fit,"I stupidly and needlessly thought to myself. So I picked it up and cautiously "checked" to see if it would fit by putting them close together but not actually plugging it in. Well, they fit. Too well in fact because it slipped right in and my monitor instantly fried and went dead. It couldn't be revived either. I tried everything, even emergency surgery.

Although I'm sad to go a few days without a monitor and to have to buy a new one already, I'm actually looking forward to the new one. Ours has super crappy reviews and the new one has great ones! Plus our old one beeped every 10 seconds (ok, not really that often) for no good reason like it had PMS and you couldn't go outside with having to strategically place it in the exact right spot so it wouldn't lose its signal. This other one has double the range. I could go across the street! Imagine the freedom!!

Anyway, moral of this post: don't put your stuff in things it shouldn't be in.

R.I.P. moody monitor!

No comments:

Post a Comment