Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Presents

I was at a local wood crafting store and they had plain wood blocks for sale. I didn't need them, but since I'm a woman and we always buy things we don't need just because it's on sale, I bought them. It didn't take long for me to come up with an idea on what to do with them. A little paint and yarn ribbon and BAM! Presents!
I didn't distress the edges or anything super fancy. I figured they'd get natural distressing done over the years with kids banging them against furniture and whatnot. At first I tried just wrapping a whole piece of ribbon around the block and up the other sides like you'd do with a real present but the cross-section on the bottom made the blocks wobbly. They wouldn't sit evenly on a flat surface. So I cut them and glued them to the sides like so:
It's not perfectly flat but it was a lot better than the first option. Plus with them being glued on, it's harder for the ribbon to be pulled off. So easy and so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment