Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cold Remedies

My daughter came down with a cold last week. After all the preventative measures I took, I still ended up getting it. I needed to be better very, very fast for an event I have coming up this weekend. So, I asked around and got home remedy tips from people and tried them ALL. Although I felt like a medicine woman or a drug addict, everything I've tried has helped. This is the third day and I feel tons better. So, I thought I'd share my tips with you.

•Lots of rest. I was in bed by 9 every single night.
•Hot, HOT baths. Don't scald yourself, obviously, but I took two hot baths on the first day and one last night. I sat in there until I started sweating profusely. I was told that sweating is what helps your body get rid of toxins and infections. It worked!
•Over the counter pseudoephedrine. You have to get it from the pharmacist because it's a controlled substance but it's cheap and works wonders! I took a twelve hour pill day and night.
•Vitamin C and D3 tablets.
•Lots and lots of orange juice.
•I drank echinacea tea 4 times a day. I used two bags. One brand contained more vitamin C and zinc and the other one didn't. So I used both. I also added some honey in with the tea.
•My neighbor gave me some essential oils that helped relieve symptoms for a short period but that was about it.
•We had a Vicks Vapor humidifier going day and night. I put it by our bed while I slept. We also added the inhalant on the top to help put menthol in the air.
•Eating healthy. I ate lots of fruits and protein and things to help rejuvenate my body to keep it going and give it energy.

I'm amazed how much better I feel already. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm starting to have more hope that I'll be alive and kickin this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment